Friday, September 5, 2014

THE NAKED TRUTH version 2.0


"What would be your initial reaction when you see someone wearing a bathrobe roaming around the campus? Would you find it weird? How do you think you'd react? What could possibly the main reason why you reacted that way?". These are the questions that we are trying to answer before we started the Social Norm Experiment; Deviance Attire. After the social experiment, we have come up into several conclusions and after reading this thread you would probably wonder; "Is there really a guideline that provide standard of acceptable behaviors in my society?"


Let us then take a better view of how a person would normally respond to abnormal social conditions in the perspective of clothing deviance.

Our first try was to walk around the streets of UP Diliman Campus wearing my deviant attire:



The result was you'll see people laughing at you. They thought that to see someone wearing that attire is a laughing stuff. It's like wearing that clothes roaming around the campus streets is a big joke.


The second result was different from the first one. This time we've seen people raising eyebrows on me. It's like non-verbally saying "My Gosh! So shameful." And if I were not wearing that clothes for the social experiment I would have wanted to be eaten by the ground because of shame.

Our second try was on one of the most busy cafeteria in UP Diliman which is the CASAA:


In this photo, I was asking if there is a bathroom nearby; instead of answering my question they have been staring at me the whole time. Like "Yeah Kuya! Nice talking with you! :P"


The next stall that we went to and asked if there are bathroom nearby; they actually answered my question while laughing so badly. Like yeah! They thought I'm a clown or something.

Our last try was to roam around the School corridor in PALMA HALL and even entered one classroom to really achieve as much responses as possible:




No comments:

Post a Comment