Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fifth Avenue goes KPOP!


Korean Pop (K-Pop) is a musical genre originating in South Korea that is characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements. It covers mostly dance-pop, pop ballad, electronic, rock, hip-hop, R&B, etc.

For our next OOTD project, we incorporated Kpop music into our clothing. Most of the group (except me OTL) don't know what Kpop fashion is. How do you think they look?

 
"My inspiration for my OOTD  is from Korea's street fashion. I decided to go with this look because it's very girly. Hence, very me. It's the perfect outfit for a walk in the park or just shopping and touring around Korea. At the same time, it is very accessible to every girls' wardrobe. The actual magic that changed the whole look was the beanie and stockings. With just a little bit of creativity and imagination, the sky's the limit to what you can do with your clothing. 
"I'm not a KPOP fan but yeah when you say KPOP one thing that comes to your mind is that they love playing with colors. Needless to say more, I tried it myself. See me now? Don't you find it cute? :) :) xoxo"
"Koreans love long sleeves! It's a must have in their wardrobes. Aside from keeping them warm from Korea's humid continental climate, they make it as a stylish outfit. they go with almost any clothing and accessories. They can be worn either as a casual or semiformal wear. I went for this look because I always see Korean celebrities in long sleeves such as Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin. I think it's trendy but at the same time adorable and appealing."
"Sweaters never fail to make Korean guys look comfy and peppy. So, I got inspired and wore this red, geometric-patterned sweater and matched it with with dark-colored jeans and rubber shoes that make the ensemble so me. And... TADA!!! Here's my own take to our KPop theme for today."

I'm a Kpop fan (wew), and some of the groups I stan are T-ara and CNBlue. As a fan, I think dressing up as my idols wouldn't be that hard. But with limited resources, yeah.... It's hard. I made use of what I have in my wardrobe (luckily for me, all my clothes were kpop inspired), and tried to get the look in T-ara's Sugarfree MV. It's funky, flashy and feels like you're in the club ^^ (I can't show my belly button, mian hae :3) Plus the "sprinkling of sugar" move to the whole outfit makes me identified with them. :D

What do you think? Are we successful in putting Kpop in our outfits? 
Leave you comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment