Friday, September 19, 2014

CHARLIE AND MY CHAPLIN


Who would have thought that a kid who once dreamed of becoming a Doctor one day, is now academically studying Fashion (Clothing Technology) and is critically analyzing and developing his own Fashion sense? Well yeah, funny how it all started by just watching his own Fashion Icon.

It basically started when I saw this man on TV. My dad said it was this man with just comic actions named Charlie Chaplin. And I felt this sudden urge of I-wanna-be-like-him. Well, not exactly. I always giggle when I say this, “Wish I could be so funny like Charlie and put up a smart and quirky look”. But kidding aside, I wanted to be distinct like him. Everything about him is just insanely fashionable for me. And without even saying a word, people appreciate him so much and get who he really is through his clothes. 

        Well certainly, I want to create a distinct look for myself. Yeah, I tend to look so simple at times, but I do experiment with clothes. And being inclined with Art in the last 6 years (and now Fashion's my world) I must say, my clothes depend on my mood. Clothing Technology has opened my eyes and has taught me to develop more of that "risk-taker me". But being a standout's not what I aim for. I just want my message to be conveyed through my clothes.

        More so, I want to create an edgy and quirky but sophisticated look, all at the same time. However, I want to reflect my own vibrant personality mixed with a bit seriousness. Coz' that's me. I want this to be a signature look for me as a Clothing Technologist and a Fashion Designer, regardless of whom I am designing for. I want to have my own identity and brand, which I suppose, every designer wants for himself. And the best thing to do now is to stay true to who I am, bring out that “Chaplin” in me and express and dress not to impress.
*J.A.*

No comments:

Post a Comment