Friday, September 19, 2014

I Am My Clothes


This just in! Tomorrow's the end of the world and it's your last chance to dress nicely, would you risk it? Well, if you ask me, I would definitely risk it! Life is too short to wear boring clothes anyway. 

Pardon me for the oxymoron but there are no boring clothes to be honest. Clothing only becomes boring when the person doesn't fully understand how to wear it. I consider myself as a creative person and I portray the body as a blank canvass. But, although, nudity is already beautiful in it's most raw form, it needs to have a medium to further express oneself explicitly. This medium is helpful in identifying ourselves from others because it contains our sense of self without losing our self-respect. This is what we call stylish clothing and this is what my clothing wants to say. Fashion is an art so to speak. And we convey ourselves through what we wear. We start off by knowing first who we are, and then adorning ourselves accordingly. 

My clothes are pieces of my own self. They define who I am and who I am not. And staying sacred to this creed, the clothing is tailored for the body and not otherwise. They are our second skins. Furthermore, our style should consider whether our clothes do or do not fit our body. Our style is our own comfort zone. It should make us feel good and confident about ourselves. It eradicates all of our insecurities and boosts our self-esteem so we can accomplish more in life.

Once we get to know ourselves better, we start to create our unique visual style. Our style should conform to who we are as humans. And as humans, we value ourselves as we should value others. Looking good and dressing well are not about self-importance or self-worth but about self-respect. As soon as we love ourselves not because of selfishness but because of self-respect we can say: I have style, therefore, I exist.

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment